About Small Business Majority
Small Business Majority is a national small business advocacy organization, founded and run by small business owners to focus on solving the biggest problems facing small businesses today. We actively engage small business owners across America to drive smart public policy and get entrepreneurs the resources they need to thrive.
- Working from our 14 offices in 12 states and Washington, DC, we engage our network of 40,000 small business owners to get involved in the public policy process and to get educated on resources and opportunities available to them. We can reach an additional 500,000 entrepreneurs through our formal strategic partnerships with 125 business organizations such as local and regional chambers.
- We conduct research and economic analyses to determine small business owners’ needs and concerns.
- We communicate the needs of America’s entrepreneurs through the media and other channels.
- We advocate for smart public policy to ensure small business success.
- Our entrepreneurship program delivers education and practical resources to small business owners on a host of topics.
- We make a special effort to focus on the growth of entrepreneurship among women and in communities of color.
Small business owners are pragmatic, not ideological. And contrary to a long-held misconception, they are not reflexively anti-government. But, they want government to understand their needs and respond in a constructive manner. Therefore, we work with policymakers on a national and state level to advocate for policies that create jobs and maximize business opportunities and cost savings in tax reform, healthcare, clean energy, access to capital, infrastructure, workforce and more.
The small business community is vast, diverse and dynamic. It includes six million small employers with 43 million employees and nearly 22 million self-employed people, with varying political points of view. Despite their diversity, they have at least one critical thing in common: Together, these entrepreneurs create more than half of our nation’s jobs, drive innovation, grow the economy and anchor our communities.